Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We've been Nominated for the A-list


We are so excited to have been nominated for the 2010 A-list Best of Arts and Crafts. Click on the link here and vote for your favorite Knitting Boutique, Knitique. We know you all rave when you come in, come share with our community how you feel about us.



In other news, I've loved the rain today, it's a nice respite from the heat of the weekend. Plus I just planted a small veggie garden so it's perfect that I don't have to do major watering. A win-win I'd say.

New Spring yarns are arriving daily, and I've got a fabulous FREE scarf class that I'll be announcing this week. I'm just finishing the last rows of the scarf and can't wait to wear it in the shop.

4 comments:

heartgirl said...

Hi Danielle,
I've already voted and hope that everyone who loves you and the store takes the moment to do it. I really want you to win the number one spot! It's really snowing up here in Truckee and looks so beautiful. Big flakes. I'll stop in next week sometime. Lots to talk about....
Love, Diane

Unknown said...

Hello - I live down on the Peninsula but am thinking about a move to the Delta. Your blog was the first thing I found when I looked for yarn near Lodi.

I didn't see an email link, so thought perhaps a comment might get me a response. Is there a good-sized community of knitters and spinners around you? That would make a move so much less stressful!

Thanks and congrats on your nomination!

heartgirl said...

Hi Beth,
I'm a regular at Knitique. It is a great shop. Danielle (the owner) and the other gals are very helpful. I think you'd be very happy with the amount of knitters in our little community of Elk Grove.

There are many classes offered and you are always welcome to stop by and get help or just sit and knit. There is an all skills class that is great because you just bring your current projects and Danielle will help you through the parts of the project that are a bit confusing. I love this class and Danielle has yet to come across a mistake of mine that she can't fix. I really can't say enough of how great a teacher she is. Her patience and lighthearted attitude is wonderful.

I hope you stop by and meet Danielle at Knitique.

Take care and good luck with the move.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Heartgirl - it sounds like a good community of folk and a lovely shop. I'm starting my house search Monday, and hope to spend a little time up there in the next couple of weeks to check out things like yarn shops, bookstores, locally-owned businesses, progressive politics, and gardening - all the things that make my life what I enjoy! I'll certainly stop in at Knitique (one can never have too much sock yarn, right?)