Thursday, May 01, 2008

Did someone say Knitting and Eating?


That's right everyone, this Friday night is our monthly event Knit and Nosh. Please feel free to bring a dish to share and enjoy a little camaraderie and fun with those you love.

New to the shop, lots and lots of Bags, Yarn, Books and some fabulous patterns. I was hinting out the newest sock acquisition and low and behold it came in the mail on Tuesday. We are proud to announce we are one of the chosen few to have.....................drum roll please..............................

We've got 3 lines of their yarn
Skinny
Skinny Duet Sock Yarns Super wash Merino Wool Fingering weight US size 0-2 465 yards including coordinating heel and toe. Machine wash, gentle cycle. Tumble dry, low heat
Middy
Swell Yarns Duet Sock Yarns Handpainted Superwash Merino Wool Sport weight US size 1-450 yards including co-ordinating yarn great for a heel and toe.
and honestly for the life of me I can't think of the third right now. I'll double check when I get to the store this morning. I've been up since 4:30 so I've got an excuse.
What do I love about this....back in the day when I was first knitting socks for my oldest boys, there wasn't any of the "fancy" sock yarns that there is today. I don't even remember if there was self striping. I would combine different yarns to have the ribbing one color, leg another, heel another, foot another, and last the toe the last color. It was my attempt at making the socks fun, and appealing for little boys. Who would have known where socks would be today. It is truly mind blowing. This smart company, owner the fabulous Angela, takes the best of both worlds, a cleverly dyed variegated yarn and the most perfect amount of heel and toe yarn, so you too can get a unique pair of socks.
This week is the Local Yarn Shop hop. Stop by the store for details. Make a purchase this weekend, Wednesday thru Saturday and you'll be entered into a drawing for 3 separate $50.00 gift certificates for classes. The new schedule is up at the store, we've got a whole lot of new and exciting skill building classes. We can't wait to see you there.

2 comments:

ByJane said...

oy, the cupcakes...oy, the yarn...will both be in stock????

Anonymous said...

Danielle, I love your yarn topped cupcakes! I was thinking about you the other day, someone on one of the soap lists made me remember the great salt soap bars you used to make.

Kelly Bloom

BloomWorks Soap Company, LC
http://www.bloomworksoaps.com