Friday, May 16, 2008

Wine and Knitting

As most of you know our local watering hole for wine lovers, Jennings has closed down. While everyone valiantly tries to find a new home for our Monthly Event, Kristen Y. had a great suggestion and it is super close to the shop.




We will be meeting this Friday, May 16th right across the way from the shop at Palermo's.

Palermo Ristorante Italiano is a family owned and operated restaurant that relocated from Palo Alto to Elk Grove. Palermo offers an exquisite menu, delicious wines, a full bar/lounge area and beautiful decor. So to all my knitting friends who like to have a fine glass of wine, we'll see you tonight around 6pm. Jane if you are coming tonight, which I hope you are, I'd love to hear more about our shared computer woes, we will be meeting in the newly remodeled full bar at the back of the restaurant. It's a little gem!

Palermo Ristorante Italiano

9632 Emerald Oak Dr

Elk Grove, CA

916-686-1582

right behind Taco Bell which is across the street from Knitique.


On to knitting news. We've been getting lots of shipments of yarn, one of my favorites, JoJoland Rhythym a perfect worsted weight self stripey yarn that we've been using for beautiful baby sweaters, adult sweaters, and Alison is even making a felted horse blanket for her Mom. It's a great value, the colors are gorgeous, and it knits up like a dream.

New books arrived yesterday, and after our Thursday Knit2gether group I'll be placing a reorder. I love when the shop if full and you can feel the contagious excitement of all the knitting needles in motion.

Can't wait to see you tonight. If you think you are coming give the shop a call 916 714 7719 and let me know so I can make sure to save room for everyone. I'll keep the light on.

4 comments:

ByJane said...

well, dang! I do have a date tonight then. See you later...

Teal Chic said...

Hi Danielle! I need to come by and see you. I have a few projects I've inherited, that I'd love for you to see. One clapotis is finished, it's orange and absolutely gorgeous, the other is lime green/teal and is almost completed. I have all of her yarn now as well. When I look at the yarn, I wonder what she was working on as she has quite a bit of the same type. Hope you are doing well. Take care!

Candi

Knitique Girl said...

Jane, well definitely a few kinks need to be worked out. But I thought the ambience was nice, the food was great, and the Margarita delicious.

Knitique Girl said...

Hi Candi,

I'll be working today, thought I have a couple of classes, and I'll be at the shop next week Tuesday through Saturday. How lucky you are to have inherited her stash. I probably can remember a lot of her projects. Come by anytime and I'll help you as much as I can. See you later.