Thursday, October 30, 2008

Family

As many of you know, I'm currently in Virginia while my father in law, Dean Sr, as I call him, is having brain surgery.

Here's a picture of him hamming it up before the surgery at the largest Bass Pro Shop I've ever been to.


My mother in law, mentioned that Dean loved beanies, and before you could say Knit 2, Purl 2 we were off to a yarn shop in Richmond. Much to their surprise, I whipped out Jared Flood's Turn a Square Hat that night. Melanie was kind enough to print out the pattern as the inlaws don't have a printer. This is the second time I've used his pattern. The first was for my son, and I did a hat in the school colors. This time I used the fabulous Mission Falls worsted weight and it was a wonderful knitting experience. He loved it and wore it every morning while walking the dog. He loves bright colors so the next will be wild and crazy, and I thought I'd pick up the cast on stitches and knit it again so it will be a double thick reversible hat.




So, thanks for all the love, thoughts and prayers that were pointed in my families' direction the past few weeks. He came through surgery great. He's swollen, bruised and a little crabby but he can see. So, as he says, "you don't need to taste to play golf."

I'll see everyone on Sunday, when I'll be back in the shop with lots of knitted projects to show you all.
Just for laughs I'll show you my monkey boy hamming it up at a fabulous toy store in Careytown, Richmond, VA.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Danielle,
Wishing your Father-in-Law a speedy recovery to get back to Bass fishing and time on the links. Wow..your hubby sure does look like his Dad!
Lisette

Sara said...

Hi Danielle,

So glad that Dean Sr is doing well. You all have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisette is right, the two Deans do look alike. One is just as good looking as the other!

Hurry home, we miss you!

Sara