Thursday, November 06, 2008

Finished Object Friday

or as Jane calls it FO Friday. As the weather gets colder we are seeing quite a few Finished objects this week.
We had a Girl Scout troop in finishing their hats. I even got my knitting badge, which I LOVE. Thanks to all the moms and kids who keep the arts and crafts going.

Both hats are done out of a thick bulky weight yarn on size 13 needles. The top is Twinkle Soft Chunky, a lovely bulky weight, super soft, great colored yarn. We will be using this yarn for one of our upcoming FREE thanksgiving classes. I'll post more about this project next week. The bottom one is a lovely hand painted. We've got about a half dozen colors of this soft hand-dyed yarn on the back wall.

Next up, Marilyn, or as we call her Marilyn Marilyn, you know because we have Triplet Marilyn, finished this beautiful Modular Square Vest out of Jarbo Garn Duo. It's a lovely striping 100% Acrylic, Machine Washable, Super soft yarn. Better yet there are 343 yards on one skein and 3.5 sts on a 10.5 needle. We've had quite a few people buy this yarn for all types of projects. Scarves, hats, baby sweaters, men and women's sweaters, jackets and even afghans. We've got more coming again, it's almost sold out twice, but we still have plenty in stock for many different projects.




Sue D, one of my funniest customers, has become a master at knitting 2 socks at the same time, after taking our 2 at a time Sock Class. She finished matching Knee high socks out of the lovely Tofutsies for her nieces, and is making a pair Harry Potter socks for their Dad. I believe the color she used was Hedwig. He has a size 14 shoe, so if that isn't love, I don't know what it is. She's a wiz at turning the heel 2 at a time, which is the hardest part of the whole process. We've got plenty of both yarns in the shop, use them for socks, for scarves or even for the side to side baby sweater that Sara finished last week. Beautiful.
I've got plenty more to show, but that's all the time I've got. So, if you've got some Finished Objects, bring them into the shop, let me snap a picture, and we'll put you on our wall of fame next FO Friday.
See you soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this new F.O. feature to your blog!
I am so excited...I did not know you are carrying Twinkle Soft Chunky! Yea..I need three skeins for a project. I will be in this week!

Knitique Girl said...

Thanks Lisette. I love the new feature. You'll have to bring in some of your FO's so we can get you up and on the blog. I've done a reorder of the Twinkle, and am placing another one today, in anticipation for the 2nd class for the Thanksgiving Weekend of FREE classes, so there will be a wonderful selection in the shop! See you soon!