Saturday, April 26, 2008

Did someone say Socks!

Here at Knitique we've been living, breathing and sleeping socks. Susan and I just bought a Vintage Legare 400 sock knitting machine.
We heard you could knit a pair of socks in just under 30 minutes. We were enthralled. After a six hour private lesson, Susan ended up with one fabulous Ribbed Sock. I ended up with a rewound ball of yarn. So we've been taking turns playing, ripping and yes swearing. But I can do a great picot hem, I've turned a heel successful several times, but that's where it stops. I haven't successfully put it all together. Come in to the shop next week and see if I've made the mirage of socks. It's a great way for us to try out all the fabulous sock yarn that's been coming into the shop.

Next in the lineup, I can't give up the secret but we have a sock yarn company that I've been working with. I've used the yarn, I've loved the yarn, and I can't wait for you to see this incredible Indie dyed yarn.

So come on in while the selection is still Hot, Hot, Hot!!!

No comments: